Monday 17 November 2014

my new hair and a day at hari's








I always said the day I got a complimentary hair cut/colour, was the day I'd made it. Does this mean I've made it?
Anyway, I was contacted by Gabriella at Hari's salon a week or so ago, asking if I'd be interested in having my hair done and documenting the process. Of course I jumped at the chance as my roots were no way going to let me decline. A week later I visited the Kings Road salon to have a full head of highlights and a cut and blow-dry. 
I was going to be really brave and go for the chop, leaving myself with a long Alexa-esque bob, but I chickened out in the end (more on the cut later). For the colour I wanted to keep the blonde, but brighten it up a bit and make the top a bit blonder. I wanted the Cara vibe with a messy blonde with dark roots to prevent obvious re-growth.
Raluca did my colour, and I'd wholeheartedly recommend her. She was so thorough - it took 3 and a half hours to do my highlights alone! All ok though as I was being fed fresh juice and hummus. I had three colours pulled through, one being a soft bleach. She finely highlighted the roots and then backcombed the ends and coloured odd strands to give a multi tonal finish, otherwise I'd end up stripy or one colour. 
After a somewhat painful de-tangling process of washing out, I popped upstairs to have my hair cut by Rosanne. I asked for about an inch and a half off (forgetting that a hairdressers inch is about 4 of the standard measurement!) and a long, Alexa-y fringe that I could keep parted. I also like the ends of my hair to look 'dead', for want of a better word. I like when they fall to a point, mostly caused by damage, as blunt hair really doesn't suit me. Rosanne cut my hair really quickly, and chopped in a little fringe. She then finished it off by roughly drying it and then curling it by blowdrying around a round brush - which absolutely astounded me! The whole look was finished with what I think was a texturising powder and roughed up a bit which made it a lot more 'me'.
Overall my hair took just over four hours, but I did have a full head and I went in with very long hair! I love the colour, the highlights are amazing and I feel all blonde and sassy, although if I did go back I would go a little lighter up the top, but I understand this isn't mega achievable if I don't want roots. The cut is a little harder to get used to as it feels SO short. It's kinda the length I imagined if I'd have gone for the 'short' style I wanted. It's very blunt too, but to be honest I don't think any hairdresser can/will cut hair to make it look like it's died! Although the length may take a bit of getting used to, I think I took it better as I was dabbling with the idea of going shorter. I am so pleased with the outcome, which for a girl who doesn't let anyone touch her hair for years at a time is a resounding success!
If you'd like your hair done at Hari's, mention the words "Bloggers Discount" when booking, you can get 20% off your first booking.

lots of love xxx
follow me here on Bloglovin' 
Twitter and Instagram


SHARE:

5 comments

  1. your hair looks gorgeous! wish i could pull off that colour!

    Rachel // Style Soup

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing! I'm desperately in need of a hair cut, but I have absolutely no idea what I want doing with it! xo

    LJLV | UK Personal Style

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely

    ROSALINDIS// rosalindis.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks absolutely lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beaut!
    http://dressedbys.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read and appreciate them all! Feel free to tweet me (@georgiameramo) with any questions! xxx

© Georgia Luisa Meramo

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig