Monday 14 October 2013

bleach london bruised violet




bleach london super cool hair colour in bruised violet: £5 via boots
bleach london white toner: £7 via boots
lipstick: mac rebel

So, I decided to get a bit experimental with my hair after getting far too excited about the Bleach London hair dye launch. I used to have bright red hair and before that it was dark purple, but I've had my ombre since. I opted for purple as a) it was one of the three colours left, and b) I quite fancied a lilac as I know blues etc counteract the brassy undertones that are in my hair after bleaching. This particular shade is actually quite pink toned, as you can probably see! I did mix it with conditioner and it has now faded to a subtle pinky/lilac.
I have found that it faded very quickly, and after one wash I was left with said lilac-y colour, but my hair wasn't white before and I did apply with conditioner, so that probably explains it. The box states that they can last from 2-10 washes, depending on the colour and your hair type.
Before I coloured it, I did tone it with the white toner, although I (again) didn't leave it on for the full time as I didn't want a white ombre! I'm not sure if it's done much as I coloured straight over it, but I was just hoping for a slightly more icy blonde, so perhaps we shall see when this washes out.
Anyway, regardless of how long they last, I think they're so much fun and a quick, and temporary answer for hair boredom that won't leave you crying if it goes wrong. And hey, if you can't have mermaid hair when you're 19, when can you?

**UPDATE**: The colour didn't wash out of my hair for about four months, the red tones washed out instantly but I was left with green/blue staining at the bottom of my hair. I contacted Bleach who said to try their washing out shampoo or a peach/pink toned dye to counteract it. Not wanting to spend any more money on their products I had to have my hair professionally coloured to remove the green.

lots of love xxx 
follow me here on Bloglovin'
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Looks gorgeous ! You're ridiculously beautiful really ! Can't have enough of your posts :) xx


    http://www.drop-the-mask.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair looks lovely!

    http://whatwouldluciado.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome!! Ahh it's really making me consider trying it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I adore your hair! You look stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your hair. The colour really suits you! I have seen other bloggers also experiment with really cool colours x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks cool

    http://abigailalicex.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seen so many bloggers using these recently! Think I prefer them ombre style like this rather than the whole head like some I've seen which are abit too drastic! It's not like it's forever though eh?! X

    aztecdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so badly want dyed ends! Love the colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. loveeee bleach london!
    guesswhat-iwearclothes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went out and grabbed the exact same products. We could be hair twins right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm adoring your hair love like this
    http://shradhaloves.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hair looks gorgeous! So tempted to go pink! :)
    Catherine x | Brighton Girl

    ReplyDelete
  13. I reallllyy want to try the Bleach London colours, not sure my hair is light enough though!
    http://golddustk.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. it looks rad! I wish I had lighter coloured hair to do this to! x

    frockled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the outcome! Want to do this to my hair as I get so bored of it!!!

    hiddenbetween.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a lovely shade! but i dont want to bleach my hair to get that colour intensity :(

    yukluistyle

    ReplyDelete
  17. This hair looks so cool!
    Just came across your blog, love it!

    Emmie :)xxx

    www.topknotfringeandawhatnot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your blog! Your so beautiful the colour looks fab on you I would love to give it a try!

    thatgirlcalledlauren.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I keep seeing everyone with Bleach London locks, makes me jealous. Amazing colour choice, plus the colour doesn't look like its a wash out one at all!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in love with the way this turned out! And based on more recent posts, it looks like it washed out really nicely.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. love this, your hair look so fit x

    http://simplybeautythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read and appreciate them all! Feel free to tweet me (@georgiameramo) with any questions! xxx

© Georgia Luisa Meramo

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig