Saturday 7 January 2017

top london no.2

Remember this post, way back when? Well this is the second instalment! I'd say it's long awaited, but it's probably not so I'm just going to get on with it.

Brickwood Brickwood

1. brickwood coffee 
Finally, I get the chance to scream and shout about my favourite coffee shop in London. I spend at least 80% of my working week in here, they put my order on as soon as I walk through the door and we've even made first name friends with most of the guys that work there. If you're ever in the South, I'd totally recommend checking it out. My favourites are the Kumara (sweet potato, poached eggs and feta on sourdough) and the French toasted brioche is amazing. 
P.S. I go to the Clapham Common branch, but they have one in Balham and Tooting too.

£? Food on average £7-10 a dish and a coffee £2.80ish.

Citizen M Shoreditch Citizen M Shoreditch Citizen M Shoreditch

2. citizen m, shoreditch
Potentially the coolest hotel I've ever stayed in, with moodlighting and a huge iPad controlled tv. James was entertained all night (and I had to put up with bloody film after film), but this super cool hotel has just opened up in Shoreditch to accompany their other London branch and it's well worth the visit for a trip, or even a staycation like us.
Make sure you pay the breakfast bar a visit, potentially at whatever time you like as it's open 24 hours a day!

£? 130+

Milk Milk

3. milk coffee
Oops, another coffee shop. Can you see where I spend most of my time? Milk is another fave, this time located in Balham. The food is essentially bloody great, but to be honest you just need to go for the iced coffee and burnt butter and hazelnut cake. James recommends The Convict to eat (we're talking an English muffin, sausage, scrambled eggs, bacon and their spesh hangover sauce, all topped with mountains of fresh parmesan) but it's all pretty great.

£? £15 a head on average 

Aubaine Aubaine

4. aubaine
Dotted all over London are these cute little shabby chic French cafés - great for a croque madame and a coffee. We visited the Heddon St branch which is a nice little bit of peace and quiet just two minutes from Regent Street. I've only had the brunch but I hear their dinners are fab too.

£? fairly pricey, we ate breakfast for two at £34

Dishoom

5. dishoom
Somewhere you might already have visited, but if not then this is the nudge you needed to do so. Dishoom not only do the best Indian food I've probably had in Central London, but the restaurants are an absolute delight to be in too. Super modern and really chic, it's totally worth standing in the usual queue - and try to grab breakfast here if you can!

£? lunch for two £30-40

The King The King

6. the king of ladies man
Ok, so this one might be cheating (James is the manager of a Breakfast Club) but this secret bar tucked behind Battersea's BC is a regular of ours so I thought it deserved a spot. Ask to be shown to the laundrette at the back of the caff where you'll find a 'secret' door into the bar. Well worth going for a Frenchmans Daiquiri (passionfruit daq) and some of their damn good bar snacks - plus the cheeky paraphernalia dotted around...

£? the usual London bar pricing!


lots of love xxx
follow me here on Bloglovin' 
Twitter and Instagram
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Milk coffee sounds yummy - I can tell my boyf would love The Convict!!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this! i'll have to get my butt down to brickwood it sounds lovely.

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read and appreciate them all! Feel free to tweet me (@georgiameramo) with any questions! xxx

© Georgia Luisa Meramo

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig