Friday 10 March 2017

a city guide: amsterdam, the netherlands

Amsterdam Brix Brix
1. brix
This one was recommended to us by a few friends, and it proved a winner. Brix is a cute little cafe/restaurant with the most adorable interiors perched in The Nine Streets area, settled amongst lots of boutiques and independent brands. James ordered a 'chicken thigh burger' and that's what turned up. It was pretty epic, not even mentioning the fresh flowers and marble tables.

£? €30 for two for lunch

Citizen M Citizen M

2. citizen m, amsterdam
I'm pretty much an advocate for Citizen M hotels now, and if I like somewhere I will stay there whenever I can. With the coolest, most modern rooms ever, a huge TV and loads of movies as well as a 24 hour bar/restaurant downstairs - could anyone complain, ever? The staff were beyond brilliant too, so friendly and they even offer free bikes to explore the city if you didn't fancy the 45 second walk to the tram stop, because... you know.

Sissy Boy Sissy Boy Sissy Boy 3. sissy boy
Stop the press, I have literally found my haven. I visited Sissy Boy three times in three days while in Amsterdam. It's the most wonderful brand that has their own line of womens, mens and childrenswear as well as the most adorable home wear you can imagine. I fell head over heels in love with SO much, but naturally having hand luggage only meant I nearly left empty handed. Luckily you can shop online to the UK, so fill ya boots.

Libertine 4.  libertine cafe
This was an adorable little spot in "De Negen Straatjes" or The Nine Streets to you and I, and was a great place to grab lunch. Libertine has a pretty little menu but with the entire thing having an Italian delicatessen feel, while perched on a marble/dark wood table/chair combo, it's set to be a winner. 

£? €30-50 for two for lunch

The Breakfast Club The Breakfast Club

5.  the breakfast club
I mean, we couldn't not go to the Breakfast Club when James runs one, could we? This one isn't affiliated with any in the UK, but still cute nonetheless. A little less kitsch, but still offering damn good pancakes - potentially even the best I've had. James went for a Cuban sandwich which he said was fantastic, so overall a definite must-eat.

£? €15-20 a head for brunch

The Makers Store The Makers Store

6. the maker store
Pretty much the coolest 'brick-a-brac' (totally an injustice) store you'll stumble upon. Selling all sorts of handmade pieces  and stocking all sorts of independent brands of everything from whiskey to magazines. A total treasure trove if you're local.


lots of love xxx
follow me here on Bloglovin' 
Twitter and Instagram
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm potentially visiting Amsterdam this summer! If I end up going I'm 100% going to check all of these places out, they all look amazing! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. God I really need to visit more of Europe, you have made Amsterdam sound amazing! I went straight to sissy boy's website and my god the clothes are gorgeous! I can see why you visited so much. The food looks delicious too!
    http://www.pagesfrombeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah lovely post! I have posted an Amsterdam city guide this weekend too haha. Such an amazing city!

    Lauren Rose: laurenrosestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! Gorgeous photos and super informative...bookmarking this for future reference! x

    Lorna | Lorna, literally.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read and appreciate them all! Feel free to tweet me (@georgiameramo) with any questions! xxx

© Georgia Luisa Meramo

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig