Sunday 5 November 2017

thoughts on new york

New York New York New York New York New York New York
Shot on 35mm, Olympus mju-ii

I like the idea of making my blog a little bit more personal, so I thought what better excuse to use these random film photos from my travels than to ramble a little bit about where they were taken?

So the story behind these, is I was due to join my then-boyfriend in Miami for a few days but Hurricane Irma had other plans. I flew out to Miami (solo, may I add. Anxiety 0 - Georgia 1!) and then we hopped in a blue Mustang and drove up to NYC. 

He'd never been, and it's one of my favourite places on earth and my complete happy place so despite the 22 hour drive, I figured I'd love to show him around some of my favourite spots. We wound up driving (or fleeing) through Florida, Georgia (hehe I got to stay a night in Savannah - I've officially slept in Georgia) and then both Carolinas, Virginia, Washington, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey and then finally hitting NYC.

Not going to tell you the drive was fun - we nearly killed each other and were desperately tired when we finally arrived but being in a Mustang - my favourite car - made it kind of ok.

So, New York. I've been about seven times now, and each time I feel a little less like I want to come home. It's really similar to London - which is obviously where I was born and where I call home. I'm a real home-bird and hate being away for too long, so it surprises me how much I bloody love it. It just oozes cool - all the girls are dressed impeccably, people are friendly, it's easy to get about and always busy. I think I'd like to live on the Lower East Side - think Shoreditch but a bit more grimy ha.
I think I'll always regret not making the most of an easier-to-come-by student visa and spending some time out there, but unfortunately I wasn't brave enough and was in a very long term relationship so didn't want to abandon that. Life, eh, as living in America is almost impossible once you're out of uni.

lots of love xxx
follow me here on Bloglovin' 
Twitter and Instagram
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. ohmygod, i only just noticed you're an LCF student too! I started my MA in September just gone, what about you?

    I adore NYC and definitely understand the feeling of not wanting to come back. It does remind me of London too but with more a hectic and exciting vibe.

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read and appreciate them all! Feel free to tweet me (@georgiameramo) with any questions! xxx

© Georgia Luisa Meramo

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig