Friday 16 March 2018

on having your shit together

An Outfit An Outfit An Outfit An Outfit An Outfit An Outfit An Outfit An Outfit
URBAN OUTFITTERS jumper, LEVI jeans, PUBLIC DESIRE boots, & OTHER STORIES blazeer* and CHLOÉ bag

So, we all know I'm revelling in dating at the moment. And whilst my attitude of "I like being with someone" has now changed, and I'm thoroughly enjoying being single and meeting new people (read: getting far too drunk with new people) and dating as opposed to having a boyfriend, I've been finding some bizarre things whilst doing to. So, I thought I'd talk about it here, naturally.

I'm 24. I've lived 'alone' since I was 19, I can cook, I am clean, I do my own washing, I own two pets and manage to keep them alive. I have my glasses organised into category in the cupboard. This one was kindly pointed out by a guy I was seeing. I don't think much of any of this, to me this is normal adult life. I have something I can vaguely call a career, I have my degrees and I can drive. Again, all normal things really. 

I tend to date men in the 25-28 category, purely out of luck so far but also because I don't think I'd have much in common with anyone younger than me, or much older than 30 or so. Getting back to the point, I've recently been told I have my shit too together, by a nearly 29 year old man. A man who couldn't believe that I'd group my wine glasses in the cupboard and not just throw them in. A man who was also shocked that I changed my bedding bi-weekly. A man who doesn't have a living room, and instead uses it for a pool table.

I've been thinking about it a lot really, and I keep coming back to the fact that I am so tough on myself in general, giving myself stick for not having a 'proper' job, or a mortgage fund, or a bloody boyfriend - yet a man 5 years older than me thinks I have it too together? So maybe, just maybe, I do have my life together and it's all a case of 'someone elses end is your beginning' etc etc.

I don't really know why I'm writing this, it's just a weird bit of word vomit but it's been circling in my head for a while now. I think the moral of the story is that wherever you're at, it's probably right for you. There are probably a million other people wishing that they had what you had, or were where you are - even if you don't think you've achieved anything to note. I had my shit even more together when I was with my ex, and comparatively this isn't me having it 'together' - but yet I understand that others might not be in my position and I think I have to give myself some slack for picking it up and carrying on, despite life's usual ups and downs. Basically, just don't listen to any man because men ain't shit and you are worth a billion of them. Ok bye xoxo

Shop the post:



lots of love xxx
follow me here on Bloglovin' 
Twitter and Instagram
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. haha I like reading about the dating! that guy with the pool table sounded like a catch, why did you let him go?? hahahahah!

    Laura | roseandweston.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read and appreciate them all! Feel free to tweet me (@georgiameramo) with any questions! xxx

© Georgia Luisa Meramo

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig