Thursday 1 March 2018

two ways to wear glitter

NYX x Boots


You might assume that I'm not one for glitter, let alone glitter eyeshadow, but secretly I'm sold on anything pink and or glittery... I just tend not to put it on my face - so when Boots approached me with creating some glitter eye looks using NYX products, I really thought about how I could make them more wearable for someone like me. And well, these are the results!

NYX x Boots NYX x Boots

Look One:
For this look I really wanted to try and make something I could wear during the day but would translate well on those days where I have to go straight to an event etc. For this I really honed in on my usual make up look, but with a subtle edge somewhere which made it totally appropriate for a night out. To achieve this:
  1. Apply your usual base - I opted for a medium coverage foundation with my usual contour and highlight routine.
  2. I then used the NYX smokey palette to give my eyes a little bit of depth. I used the light cream all over, then compacted a bit of gold shimmer in the middle.
  3. I tend to wear a cat eye daily so I used my usual NYX epic liner to create a thick line, and then used a small brush to create a line of the glitter primer glue just underneath the outer flick.
  4. Using the same brush, I patted on a mixed coloured glitter to follow the line of my flick on each side - making sure it was really heavily packed on - and then patting it gently under my lower lashes.
  5. I finished the look with a matte pink lip - really easy to wear from day to night.

NYX x Boots NYX x Boots NYX x Boots

Look Two:
As you can see from my moodboard - I really liked the 'messy' and undone look with a rose gold/pink toned glitter loosely applied so I gave this a go. I used the NYX glitter which is honestly insane - a really finely ground glitter with lots of colours running through it. So, to achieve this look this is what I did:
  1. Applied my normal base make up, with a subtle contour and highlight
  2. Primed my eyelids in the NYX glitter primer glue (this stuff is AMAZING) and used my finger to blend up towards my eyebrows
  3. Curled my lashes twice, really lifting them!
  4. Used a blending brush to gently pat on the rose gold glitter, concentrating on the lid and then blending out to become more sparse around the eye
  5. Two coats of the NYX worth the hype mascara and then a slick of the amazing plum coloured NYX mega shine lipgloss to give it more of an evening edge. P.S I was super impressed with the lip colour, it goes on really opaque and yet has an amazing sheen.
Eyes

Post in collaboration with Boots, but as per, love of glitter is all my own.

lots of love xxx
follow me here on Bloglovin' 
Twitter and Instagram
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Glitter is my guilty pleasure! I won't lie, if I could spend my days within a full face of festival glitter I definitely would!

    Lucy Jane | Infinity of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your way of editing photos!x
    Muilo Burbulai

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read and appreciate them all! Feel free to tweet me (@georgiameramo) with any questions! xxx

© Georgia Luisa Meramo

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig