Monday 15 October 2018

an ode to Bear

Bear Bear Bear Bear
Whiskas cat casseroles
So remember I got a rather naughty puppy a few months ago? Well if you follow me on Instagram you'll be very familiar with Pepe. In fact, you might even follow him. He's an absolute character and I love him to pieces, but pre-Pepe I was also a Mum (yes) to Bear. My five year old tabby cat, who's featured on this blog a few times himself - see here if you want to die at kitten photos.
I got him when I was lonely having just moved out aged 19 and was spending a lot of time alone as my then-boyfriend was living in Southampton. He became my little furry best pal and he's followed me about ever since. I feel like he doesn't get enough air time as he is mostly either asleep or eating, so when Whiskas wanted to work on this post I naturally jumped at the chance.
I think cats are the perfect pets, especially for us younger folk living in London. Whilst a dog is a huge commitment (not that a cat isn't!) a cat is more of a nice, calm best friend that just exists in your home, loves chin rubs and will often sleep on the pillow next to you. They don't require walking, love sharing a roast chicken with you (in moderation). He loves being on the bed as Pepe isn't allowed up here and will simply go insane if you get out any piece of string he could potentially grab. Including, but not limited to, raw hemmed jeans and dressing gown ropes.
His favourite snacks are Whiskas Temptations, especially the cheesy ones but he'll take any to be quite honest, and will always opt for wet food over dry. Even though he has to deal with both. He likes to hop on the kitchen work surface and is entertained for hours by simply looking out of the window.
Anyway, I thought I'd do a few pro's to having a cat in London in case you're on the fence:
  1. Small and furry, and mostly love snuggles (on their own accord, never yours mind)
  2. Thinks every day is Christmas when you put down food
  3. Sometimes purr just when you look at them
  4. Clean and look after themselves pretty much, very independent animals
  5. Enjoy time alone and are suited to being indoors
  6. Will play with any length of string-like material
  7. Has very cute beans on the end of their legs that are nice to look at when you're sad (see picture above)
So there's my little ode to Bear, my first born son. 


Post in collaboration with WHISKAS® but all thoughts and gushing about cats my own.
lots of love xxx
follow me here on Bloglovin' 
Twitter and Instagram
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read and appreciate them all! Feel free to tweet me (@georgiameramo) with any questions! xxx

© Georgia Luisa Meramo

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig