Saturday 8 February 2014

blonde ambition




 A bit of an unnecessary post but I like to keep you guys updated on my hair, cos you need to know... Right?
I've been wanting to go blonder for over a year now, but due to money and me being indecisive I never made the jump. I was really bored of my badly blended ombré, and the fact that the world and its wife now have that style (I wasn't the first butttt it's still annoying). I was aiming for a Cara D kind of blonde: ~really well blended, balayage feel, dark roots kinda~ look but whilst at the hairdressers I decided to vaguely keep the ombre feel as I don't think I could pull off being that blonde.
I ended up having bleach highlights all over, an ashy toner all over my roots, and a blonde gloss on the ends. When it was first washed out I was bright blonde, so I asked her to tone it down, which lead to luminous orange, then finally said "JUST PUT BROWN IN IT AGAIN" (this is post 4 hours sitting in the same chair, and 4 hair washes. And wasn't what I wanted), and I ended up with what I have now. It's a much lighter brown at the top, that will hopefully fade into my natural roots well, with blonde highlights running through it and an overall ashy blonde all over. 
I'm still not 100% on it, but I am warming to it. Ideally I'd be blonder but I just don't think I could pull it off! Once my roots have come through a bit, I might go to a different hairdresser and get some more highlights pulled through to lighten it all over for the high summer, but who knows. Back to the purple shampoo for now.
What do you think?
P.S. I had it done in a salon local to me on Clapham High Street, I paid £70 for the whole process, which is reasonable but considering I wasn't 100% and had to have it re-done three times, I don't think I will go back! My hair always pulls through warm, orange tones too so that sucks.
lots of love xxx
follow me here on Bloglovin'
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. suits you so well!
    www.lydiarosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, looks really natural xx

    Charlotte| LongHairDontCare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started reading your blog and I love your labret so much! I'm always happy to see people with "natural" colored hair and piercings:P
    http://www.groovebunny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair looks lovely - I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this colour - looks lovely and natural too!

    maisieivy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This suits you really well, though a good hairstylist should notice these things and colour your hair accordingly on the first go, so it's completely understandable not to go back even if the end result is actually good.

    narcis.co.vu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your new hair is so nice! I think I now want something similar done, especially for the spring/summer seasons

    ReplyDelete
  8. just LOOOVE your hair! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. A shame there was such hassle with the hairstylist, however you look beautiful and you really suit that colour :D

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hair envy, it looks beautiful - despite your troubles.

    I have black/brown hair, trying to get it back to my natural blonde is a NIGHTMARE.

    Georgina at itotallypaused.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hair and the jumper too! x

    http://moiraparton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I read and appreciate them all! Feel free to tweet me (@georgiameramo) with any questions! xxx

© Georgia Luisa Meramo

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig